Board of Directors Meeting

April 18, 2014 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm MOSCA COMMUNITY BUILDING AgendaMinutes ZAPATA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION Board of Directors Meeting April 18, 2014 Call to Order: The Board of Directors for the Zapata Homeowners Association held its regular meeting, Friday, April 18, 2014, at the Mosca Community Building at 5:30 PM.

Board Members Present: Jack Zeman and Wayne Ross. Board member Jim Jones arrived at the conclusion of the meeting. Board members Erin Smith, Tyra Barnes and Anna Dvorak were absent. Prior to the meeting Erin Smith gave her proxy to Wayne Ross for voting purposes, however, there was not a quorum of board members in attendance so all board action requiring a vote was postponed and will be voted on at the May meeting. Administrator Cindy Chapman was also present. There were no property owners in attendance.

Approval of the Agenda: The agenda was approved as published.

Approval of Minutes from March 21, 2014: This action was postponed until the May 18, 2014, board meeting.

Approval of Bills to be Paid: Bills presented were reviewed and signed to meet payment deadlines but formal approval was postponed until the May 18, 2014, board meeting.

Administrator’s Report: Administrator Cindy Chapman provided the following list of her activities for the last month:

Notified Juanita Ryan and Jeff Obermiller of board’s decision to decline their offers to quit claim their properties over to the ZHA to relieve each of their property and dues owed. 2014 Call for Water emailed to Water Division III. 145 Statements mailed out to property owners as reminders to pay their 2014 dues. Statements totaled $76,240.00. Payment plan requests received from Margaret Chain and De’Luce Inc. for their 2014 dues. Put on agenda for April meeting. Certified letter mailed to Antonio Garcia/Sandra Ortega concerning the repair of the ditch bank running above their property needs to be done prior to opening the S. Zapata pipeline this spring. This letter was sent as a courtesy at the request of Water Division III. Copies of this letter were also emailed to Bob Schultz, Erich Schwiesow and Ken VanIwaarden. March month end financials emailed to Wayne Ross for his review. March month end reconciliation completed with Carlton Collections. Emailed information to Steve Mesarosh and Peter West concerning the three lots that the ZHA has been trying to sell. Lien Release prepared on Unit 2-Block 45-Lot 9, after payment received from Joe Funk who is the certificate holder on this property. A Treasurer’s Deed will be issued on 4/28/2014. Emailed architecture plans submitted by Libbie Landreth to A/C members for their review and approval. Caretaker’s Report: Caretaker Jack Zeman presented a list of his activities for the last month:

March 31 – Salvage meter, Parshall flume and PVC pipe from Blanca Augmentation site. April 1 – Order fabrication of gate and culvert pipe cap. April 2 – Check upper lake dam site and culverts. April 6 – DOT application for emergency exit completed. April 9 – Cooley and Ranch meeting at AJ Solar property per Water Division 3 request. April 10 – Cleared debris and trees in north lower lake discharge ditch. April 9 – 14 – Supervise Spring Grading Plan April 11 – Contact Tony Aloia Wildlife Technician Colorado Parks and Wildlife regarding interest in flume from augmentation site. April 11 – Installation of wrong way and Zapata Falls information signs. Total Hours Plowing 1.5

Committee Reports:

Architecture: Chairman Tyra Barnes was absent. Committee member Jack Zeman reported than an application submitted by Libbie Landreth for two enclosed porches was approved over the past month.

Communication: Chairman Anna Dvorak was absent. No report.

Fees & Budget: Chairman Wayne Ross stated that the dues collections for 2014 are on track. He will be holding a committee meeting after the timber sale and fire mitigation efforts are concluded to discuss a possible budget revision going forward in 2014. His committee will also be addressing the issue of sub-acre lots to look at what amount in delinquent dues owed to the Association is connected to these lots and evaluate possible solutions.

Fire:

Update and New Emergency Exits: Jack reported that the application has been filled out and waiting for a signature from Patti Vittoria to use the south boundary line of her property as an emergency exit. Jack also received a cost breakdown from the BLM for processing/monitoring the proposed right of way grant for the escape routes. This also included an estimated land use rental fee. The breakdown is as follows: Category 4 cost recovery non-refundable processing fee: $1124.00; Category 1 cost recovery non-refundable monitoring fee: $119.00; Land use rental fee for a 10-year billing period: $913.00 for a total of $2,156.00. If any exits are rejected, then the costs would be less. Pine Beetle Update: Jack stated that no official bids have been received to conduct the timber sale. Adam Moore, Colorado State Forester is continuing to contact loggers to try and make this sale happen. Governance: Chairman Erin Smith was absent so there was no official report. There will be a committee meeting on May 7, 2014, at Erin’s Zapata residence.

Physical Improvements and Maintenance: Jack stated that quite a bit of grading has been completed on the subdivision and this was good timing with all of the new moisture received. All roads were graded leading up to houses on the subdivision as well. Wrong way signs and informational signs concerning Zapata Falls have been installed.

Water: Jack reported that the new augmentation site construction has begun per direction from Water Division III. Gate lock modification and screen installation to prevent debris from reaching the meter have also been completed. The Parshall flume was salvaged for possible sale. The ditch repairs have been completed on the A & J Solar property by Cooley per the request from Water Division III. The Upper Lake repair has been completed other than periodic monitoring of the area and should be released to ZHA control sometime later this year.

Welcome: Chairman Anna Dvorak was absent. No report. Discussion was held on the recent email from Julie Howard concerning dogs roaming the subdivision as well as the dues structure. Anna will write a letter to address Julie’s concerns and send around for board review and approval. Jack will also write a note of apology to Ms. Howard concerning his dog.

Old Business:

There was no old business to come before the Board at this meeting.

New Business: Payment Plan Requests: De’Luce Inc. and Margaret Chain: It was decided to respond positively to these requests with an official approval to be made at the May board meeting.

ACTION ITEMS

Date Action Assigned To Due Date 10/18/2013 Organize Volunteer Work Day Tyra and Nancy Starling Ross ON-GOING

20-Minute Open Forum: Nothing was discussed.

Adjournment: The next regular board meeting of the Zapata Homeowners Association will be held on Friday, May 16, 2014, at 5:30 PM at the Mosca Community Building.


Tyra Barnes, Secretary