Board of Directors Meeting

November 15, 2013 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm MOSCA COMMUNITY BUILDING AgendaMinutes ZAPATA HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION Board of Directors Meeting November 15, 2013

Call to Order: The Board of Directors for the Zapata Homeowners Association held its regular meeting, Friday, November 15, 2013, at the Mosca Community Building at 5:30 PM.

Board Members Present: Jack Zeman, Erin Smith, Wayne Ross, Tyra Barnes, Jim Jones and Anna Dvorak. Administrator Cindy Chapman was also present along with the following property owner: Marie Zanowick.

Approval of the Agenda: The agenda was approved as published.

Approval of Minutes from October 18, 2013: Jim Jones moved to approve the October 18, 2013, minutes as presented. Wayne Ross seconded and the motion carried unanimously.

Approval of Bills to be Paid: Administrator Cindy Chapman asked that check #2470 to Tyra Barnes in the amount of $104.98 for the “Not Zapata Falls” sign be included in the bills to be paid.

Erin Smith moved to approve the bills as presented with the inclusion of check #2470 as mentioned above. Wayne Ross seconded and the motion carried unanimously.

Administrator’s Report: Treasurer’s Deeds Notification Letters: Cindy informed the Board that notification was recently received from the Alamosa County Treasurer of two lots that will be issued Treasurer’s Deeds on March 4, 2014. The certificates are held by Peter West and the legal description of each lot is: Unit 1, Block 1, Lot 2 @ 1.07 acres and Unit 1, Block 1, Lot 3 @ 1.05 acres. Letters were presented for signatures notifying Mr. West of the amounts owed on each property that will need to be paid to the ZHA fifteen days prior to the March 4, 2014 issuance date.

Administrator Cindy Chapman provided the following list of her activities for the last month.

Emailed 2014 Budget/Pine Beetle Infestation announcements to O & V Printing to print/mail out to membership. Emailed 2013 Augmentation Report to Water Division III. Mailed Colorado State Forest Service reimbursement documentation to Adam Moore for payment Emailed contact information for Adams Tree Service to Jack Zeman for future reference for tree removal. Email communications received from property owners who would like their property inspected/evaluated concerning pine beetle infestation filed for reference. October financials emailed to Wayne Ross for his review. October reconciliation completed with Carlton Collections. Notice of cancellation of insurance received concerning D & O Insurance. Contacted Jen at Insurance One to see why this insurance is being cancelled. She will check into this and get back with me. Completed W-9 form sent from Sunflower Bank. Also completed ACH Vendor Payment Authorization requested for payment of their dues. Treasurer’s Deed notices received from Alamosa County Treasurer for Unit 1, Block 1, Lots 2 & 3 currently owned by Hanspeter and Charlotte Ginter. Deeds will be issued on March 4, 2014. Notification letters prepared for board signatures. Emailed Water Use Data Submittal Form to Jack Zeman to fill out and return to me to submit to Water Division III. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy notice received for Allen Pope Jr. and Libretta Pope. Notified Carlton Collections to cease collection notices.

Questions were asked concerning the notice on cancellation of the current D & O insurance policy. Cindy will follow up with Insurance One and report back to the Board.

Caretaker’s Report: Caretaker Jack Zeman provided the following list of his activities for the last month:

October 19 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop October 21 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop October 22 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop October 29 to October 31– Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 1 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 2 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 4 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 7 to November 9 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 1 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop November 11 to November 13 – Mitigation on Entrance Loop

Jack also stated that Wayne Ross and Marty Russum have been busy removing slash off of the roads and helping with general clean up on the subdivision.

Committee Reports:

Architecture: Chairman Tyra Barnes had nothing new to report. The Parrott/Jacobs house construction is progressing.

Communications: Chairman Anna Dvorak reported that there will be a Communications Committee meeting on Saturday, November 16, 2013. Her committee will be researching options on the website programming language change pros and cons.

Fees & Budget: Chairman Wayne Ross reported that the 2014 proposed budget is ready for final approval. Jack confirmed that there will be grant monies available on a 50% match to reimburse the recent mitigation expenses. Wayne also reported that his committee will be looking more closely at the Accounts Receivable balances to decide how best to move forward on collecting back dues owed to the Association. At this point in time, 3 property owners owe a significant portion (approximately 31%) of the delinquent dues.

Fire:

Update and New Emergency Exits: Tyra reported that a meeting with Leon Montoya was held recently to review with Leon the proposed fire exit routes off of the subdivision and on to BLM lands. Leon then GPS’d the BLM portion of these escape routes and gave Tyra maps. A form will need to be filled out and submitted to the BLM describing the road construction plans the ZHA is proposing on BLM lands. The fire committee will work on filling out the application and road construction form for the BLM to review and report back as to whether these are approved or not. After approval is obtained, the ZHA will prioritize the exits from most critical to least critical for construction purposes. The ZHA will be responsible for the cost of constructing these escape route roads.

Jack stated that Adam Moore and Paul Minnow had inspected the recently completed fire mitigation work. They also took a look at the proposed southeast escape exit and stated that the existing road would be a good fire break and to ask the BLM to mitigate this road. The area around this road on BLM property will be hard to remove trees because of the hilly terrain. It was nice to see that meadow grasses and new trees are coming up in this area. A fuels break area could also be established along this BLM/ZHA border.

Volunteers walking the subdivision are being asked to contact a fire committee member so that a map of beetle infested trees found on the subdivision can be created. This will help determine just how bad the infestation is on the subdivision and to formulate a plan on how to begin removal of these trees.

Jack reported that Rodney Smith had contacted three metal building contractors in the area who have examined the proposed fire house building site. These contractors will draw up building proposals and submit to the fire committee. The ZHA will be on the agenda for the January Alamosa County Fire Protection District board meeting to begin discussions again on a fire house being built on the subdivision. All ZHA board members are encouraged to attend.

Governance: Chairman Erin Smith reported that a committee meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 18, 2013, at her Zapata residence beginning at 6:30 PM. Topic of discussion will be the exchanging of ZHA-owned lots for goods and/or services that the subdivision may need.

Physical Improvements and Maintenance: Jack reported that the final grading has recently been completed. The roads were only graded and not rolled because the roller that Cooley uses was down for repairs. Steel posts have been located, so all signs recently purchased will be installed.

Water: Jack reported that he recently completed the meter reading for the commercial well for 2013 and the report will be delivered to Water Division III. Approval from the State has been received to fill the Upper Lake but will require monthly monitoring for a while.

Welcome: Chairman Anna Dvorak had nothing to report.

Old Business:

There was no old business to come before the Board at this meeting. Property owner Marie Zanowick left the meeting at this time.

New Business:

2014 Operating Budget: Formal acceptance of the 2014 Budget will be put on the agenda for the December Board meeting.

ACTION ITEMS

Date Action Assigned To Due Date 10/18/2013 Organize Volunteer Work Day Tyra and Nancy Starling Ross 1/2014

20-Minute Open Forum: Nothing was discussed.

Adjournment: The next regular board meeting of the Zapata Homeowners Association will be held on Friday, December 20, 2013, at 5:30 PM at the Mosca Community Building.


Tyra Barnes, Secretary