Board of Directors Meeting

February 15, 2013 - 5:30pm - 7:30pm MOSCA COMMUNITY BUILDING

Board of Directors Meeting

February 15, 2013

Call to Order: The Board of Directors for the Zapata Homeowners Association held its regular meeting, Friday, February 15, 2013, at the Mosca Community Building at 5:30 PM.

Board Members Present: Jack Zeman, Erin Smith, Wayne Ross, Anna Dvorak and Jim Jones. Board member Tyra Barnes was absent but prior to the meeting gave her proxy to Erin Smith for voting purposes at this meeting. Administrator Cindy Chapman was also present along with property owners Bob and Joyce Ausberger.

Approval of the Agenda: The agenda was approved as published.

Approval of Minutes from January 18, 2013: Erin Smith moved to approve the January 18, 2013, minutes as presented. Anna Dvorak seconded and the motion carried unanimously.

Approval of Bills to be Paid: Wayne Ross moved to approve the bills as presented. Jim Jones seconded and the motion carried unanimously.

Administrator’s Report: Administrator Cindy Chapman presented the following list of her activities for the last month:

Delivered approved variance form for John Ferguson to Alamosa County Land Use Office. Emailed board decision to Peter West regarding his request to reduce back fees owed on Unit 2, Block 27, Lot 2. Financial information sent to Wall, Smith, and Bateman to prepare 2012 tax returns. Updated contact information on Welcome Committee documents to be given to new property owners. Updated both Commercial and Residential Architectural Guidelines with new Variance information approved by the board as well as formatting Form D. The revised documents are now posted on the website. Prepared lien releases for Dos Hombres, Mountain Valley Ranches, Man C. Ta, James and Nancy Sluis, and Annie Evergreen. Provided contact information to owners of Unit III commercial property to Erich Schwiesow. Reconciled accounts with Carlton Collections for January 2013. Reconciled bank accounts and sent January month end documents to Wayne Ross for his review. Contacted by Annie Evergreen concerning delinquent account. She will be mailing payment to bring her account current. Received warranty deed on sale of property by Steve Seward to Kyle and Amanda Winfrey. Welcome Committee needs to make contact with these new homeowners. Contacted by Allpine Title concerning upcoming sale of property by Joseph Roach. Updated them on amounts due the ZHA on his account to be collected at time of closing.

Committee Reports:

Architecture: Chairman Tyra Barnes was absent. She gave Cindy an update that John Ferguson had been contacted concerning his variance request being accepted by the board. Tyra also talked to Alamosa County Land Use and they showed her the recent county permit issued to Ferguson to build his home. Erin Smith also mentioned the possibility of Alamosa County imposing a 14-day limit for a camper to be parked on private property. Erin will check with the County and report back to the board on this issue.

Communication: Chairman Tyra Barnes was absent but gave the following updates to Cindy to present at this meeting: (1) Wood Recovery Lot sign was ordered and has been received. Tyra and her husband will install in the near future. (2) Tyra also is in contact with John White concerning the neighborhood watch program. She will continue to gather information, for the board’s discussion, concerning safety and protective measures for the subdivision.

Fees and Budget: Chairman Wayne Ross stated that he will be calling a committee meeting sometime prior to the March board meeting to evaluate the 2012 budget expenditures and to discuss future money needs of the subdivision. His committee will also discuss the reserve funds needing to be established. One fund would be to set money aside for future capital improvements ($25,000.00-$30,000.00). Another fund would be to set aside operating cash reserves for general expenditures ($15,000.00-$20,000.00).

Fire: Co-chairman Jack Zeman stated that email communications continue with no real decisions or actions being reached at this time. Jack feels that connection needs to be made again with Alamosa County Fire Protection District to see what they are willing to do to move the fire house project forward.

Governance: Chairman Erin Smith stated her committee had no activity over the past month but she will be calling a committee meeting sometime prior to March 31, 2013.

Physical Improvements and Maintenance: Chairman Jack Zeman stated that no maintenance has been needed over the last month. Jack did install “No Hunting” signs at the entrance to the subdivision and he will be installing others around the subdivision in strategic locations. One specifically will be installed on the pipeline road where BLM lands adjoin the subdivision.

Water: Chairman Jim Jones stated that he is concerned about the ongoing lack of water on the subdivision and has seen how the trees are suffering because of this drought. Jim is hoping to wind up the Upper Lake Dam project early in the spring. A punch list of unfinished items has been submitted by the State Engineer that Cooley will complete as soon as possible in early spring.

The Unit III water case is on-going with the ZHA attorney, Erich Schwiesow, representing the subdivision’s interest and keeping board members updated as to the progress being made.

Jack contacted Rodney Smith and he will do the testing on the Lower Lake well meter in early spring to be in compliance with regulations from Water Division III.

Welcome: Chairman Anna Dvorak handed out information she has been gathering for the new member packets. Discussion was held on changes that need to be made and also to include a map of the subdivision in this packet.

Old Business:

▪Security Camera:Wayne stated that he has not been able to get

Pinnacle Security representatives to the subdivision. He will try and draw up a proposal to submit to this security company prior to their visit to outline what security measures might work best for the subdivision. Discussion was held on possibly installing motion-sensor cameras to read license plates of cars coming and going on the subdivision. Also possibly installing a camera at the dumpster to monitor who is dumping and what is being dumped.

Action Items

Date

Action Item

Assigned To

Due Date

2/15/2013

14-Day Camper Limit on Private Property

Erin Smith

3/15/2013

2/15/2013

Complete New Member Board Packet Information/Map

Anna Dvorak

3/15/2013

2/15/2013

Proposal to Pinnacle Security

Wayne Ross

3/15/2013

20-Minute Open Forum:

Property owners Bob and Joyce Ausberger asked members for information on the closest facility to dispose of construction debris. Also they asked for an update on Joe Funk’s condition since his recent surgery.

Adjournment: The next regular board meeting of the Zapata Homeowners Association will be held on Friday, March 15, 2013, at 5:30 PM at the Mosca Community Building.

Tyra Barnes, Secretary